Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Ok, a lot is happening around me. Its no more than 9 days to our wedding. I still need to send a lot of invites out. I havent done much wedding work until now and I am dreading the last week. Its going to be crazy. There is just so many things to be done.

Anyways, coming to the happenings of the last few days.
The bad news first. I had the worst shopping experience of my life this Tuesday. I just figured out early morning Tuesday that according to the BMI calculations, I am officially overweight and slowly falling towards the obese category. Ok, the part about being obese is not true. But I feel awfully heavy. And then this shopping trip. I just couldn't fit into any pant at all of the usual size that I buy. I just wanted to scream my heart out and run out of the shop. Be it Jeans, or formal wear or khakis or whatever shit, it just didnt go in. It was traumatic. But by principal I got trousers that used to fit me(in the hope that I would reduce once I get out of India). Now one of this is the one I am going to wear during the engagement ceremony. How I would manage to sit with it on the floor for an hour or so is unclear at the moment(Its the same concern I had about my reception pant a fortnight back. The concern has turned to complete worry at the moment). I have gained close to 10lbs in the last 40 odd days. Everyone's telling me that I have put on weight but I look healthy. Now thats a sign that frightens me the most cos' I know what my family's take on being fit means!! My cousin sis summed it all up. It seems I was slim when I came to India and now I look well built :( I am sure she meant to say I look well fed! Ok, lets leave me and my girth aside.

I got to watch the Playoffs between the Packers and the Seahawks sat night. That was a swell game. Before the game met up with Hari along with the usual suspects at Havana. Meeting Hari after almost 3 years was a good feeling. Since he is a denizen of New Jersey too, we would hopefully hangout a lot more in the future. There is just one game (vs the G unit) thats obstructing a Packer Patriot showdown at Arizona. Hope to see it and savor a Packer win at Lambeau.

I had been to this movie Taare Zameen Par with my sis. Man! what a movie! I always knew Aamir to be a perfectionist but with this movie he has proved even the most critical of critics wrong. It was such a feel good movie that kept me in high spirits during the movie, outside the theatre and even up until now. I am waiting for Meens to get to Chennai to take her to this one. This is one movie that no one should miss. But yea, be ready to get teary eyed at a lot of places.


So on the homefront, Meens is getting to Chennai along with her family on the 20th. I hope we get some time to hang out as good ol' bf-gf before we shed those titles forever . Husband-wife...that sounds awful. Scarier than that is the issue of little kiddos in the family who decide to call you uncle and aunt just cos' you are married. Now Uncle is a word I detest more than husband. That just makes me feel 40ish. Its going to be a mad house starting this saturday. With every passing day the strength in my house is going to double. I am not antisocial but the fact that people are coming makes me realize that this is something big for so many of them to come and be with us. Until now, Jan 27th seemed like just another day. Now as the days dwindle, I am beginning to sweat a bit. Of course knowing Meens, she probably needs some therapy lessons. God help us! Then again what the hell - Yo, 27th, here we come!!

Adios,
Prem

No comments: