Saturday, January 5, 2008

Prems 15 mins of fame - not good enough:D

Hehe..
The two duffers make it to some second last page of a regional paper for being jobless kedi's at a club that had only 4 other people including themselves..adhuku ivolo scene!!!

I realized I never put down my achievements with so much pride and gusto..and by the way mine are achivements as opposed to premkus tryst with 'fame' (which even a lingerie stealing pervert got as jayanth opened our eyes to in his comment..hehehehe)

I atleast featured in an article for being an artists muse..for belonging to a group that challenges ideas and is a platform for creative expression - Im refering to the Reluctant housekeeper art work that featured in an exhibition last year in new york titled sulatans dream..*meens adjusts shades and pats herself on back*..and ofcourse i also happened to win an award for art critical and historical development/writing which is a good thing. i get recognised for academic potential not my partying and kudi talents like my fiance..tch tch..(come to think of it UW apparently is number one party university with beer being served on campus..so prems featuring in a party whirl section of a paper makes sense...thts all hes good for..hehehehehe)

ok so ive gloated enough...wht to do im very proud of myself.hehe:D..i mean if im nt proud of myself who else will be..

So my make up trial was a disaster!!!women,,,sewriously watch youtube and learn to put your own make up..thsts wht im gonna do..infact before coming to india i watched like a 10000 youtube videos on how to do smokey eyes..which is wht i want..i tried it here on my sis and she looked stunning..i tried it on myself as well and i liked wht i saw...ofcourse i dnt knw if its a good idea to do it myself on the day of the wedding..but lets see..i mean i do need help with hair.,..man i wish i could leave it looe and just get on with the rest of the ceremony..i mean its so easy for men....as it is i have diana ross hair ..so ya im lost but my mom being my mom has two more make up trials all set up for me to go to as soon as i hit chennai 19th or 20th...ill just enjoy all the attention while it lasts..all this fussing over me and how i shld look and wht i shld wear..flutter..

its amazing wht all they hv in parlours for brides to be..i mean of the three thirukode women im the least bit interested in putting face packs or too much make up etc..i just put my kajal n lliner and im happy..been doing tht since i was in 9th std..:D:D..but i was researching all these bridal packages and they have some very interesting names..ones is a royal package..another was golden and the best was platinum..upon enquiring wht all of it entailed i was toild that platinum includes full body polishing..im like HUHHHHHH..hehehehehe it crcked me up...imagine all these women running 3 weeks before their big day..to get polished..hahahahahahaha...i mean they literally make sure they are all shiny and new for their grooms..hehehehe...thts crazyyyyy:D..why dont all these men go get polished or waxed or dipped in gold ....but ya i think ill just stick to good ol threading eyebrows and waxing and stuff like tht...my mom discovered tht a combination of olive oil and vinegar apprently adds a glow to your skin by removing tan..hehe..so ya if the light bounces of my skin on Dday you knw the secret..hehe

i also just realised ill be chaning nt 3 times but 4 times on my wedding day...mannnnnnn......im going to insist prem changes atleast 3 times..wht the hell..so ya all this changing means more saree blouses to stitch ..im loosing track and so is my mom ..i hope i wear the right blouse with the right saree in all tht commotion and chaos tht i forsee on jan 27th!!

ive been gymming..my cutey sis has been happily eating the chocolates i bought n cribbing tht shes putting on weigt..heheso sweeeett:)..

I HATE BANGALORE TRAFFIC!!!!

last but not least my mom's new found joy is going to the post office every morning and posting invites...it started two days back..she came back beaming..apparently she enjoyed sitting there and glueing the invite cover and then sticking stamps and sending it out..so since then she wakes up at 4 every morning and sits and figures out who else we have left out and has managed to find people to send invites to..just so she can go to the post office..so my job is to sit and write the addresses she discovers with her sleuth like skills and then she gets ready and goes to the post office :).....my moms such a silly billy:)

1 comment:

decode boy? said...

such a deja vu .... have fun