Friday, June 27, 2008

Its been 6 months to the day since our wedding. And I thought this milestone is appropriate enough to resuscitate our idle blog - aka enga area.
The journey started with us getting away from all our loved ones, leaving our country behind and ending up in the east coast in a real frigid february afternoon. The initial few days were bittersweet with all the confusion surrounding my job hunt, her job hunt, issues with her H1B etc. Things were a bit too tense for a couple just married. But it was just a tide and things fell into place real well. I got my dream job and meens hers. Although we have kind of stayed together for a year before the wedding - visiting eachother on weekends, this was different. For the very first time we had a house of our own(no more roommates! yay!), which we could decorate the way we wanted and we were spending all our free time together. Its been pleasantly invogorating to know that you had someone to go back home too. For about a month or more Meena was at home and was experimenting with cooking. That was a blissful period. Once she started working(she was out longer than I did), I had totally gotten used to her providing me food and I felt like fish out of water. I guess now we are past that stage too. We try and chip in and do things together. But to be honest I got to admit that I loved getting fed on time without moving an inch. Hmm.
My work has been good, new role, new folks, new company. I am totally enjoying it. Meena is having loads of fun doing what she loves - working with art. Incidentally she has gotten a break to write for The Hindu's Sunday Magazine. So thats a big plus. Her 5th article is due soon. We havent really met anyone after coming back and thats a minus. We need to reach out.
We are now a big family with my sis and mom staying with us. Dev is doing her intern in the city for a startup tech firm. She is meena's company to go into the city and back. But I guess the travel takes a toll on them on and off. My cute mommy is in the US for the first time ever. She tells me she is enjoying it here but I know she is missing my workaholic dad a bit. We are waiting for him to join us sooner than later. I have put back on whatever extra weight I had shed after coming back from India. With my mom being here I am surrounded with Kesari and Gulab jamun and omapodi and what not. I am slowly resigning to the fact that I cant lose the slight tire I have around my waist!
Ok too much written too soon. If I get this bored again, will try and update further.

I am happy to proclaim that marriage isnt bad at all. Its blissful.
My dearest buds Bargav, Lenny and swaroop are getting hitched within the next 8 months or so. I am sure my bliss wont be true for the girls unknowingly getting into the hands of these blokes.
I so wish I could be there for their wedding. Me being at Lenny and Bargav's wedding has zero chance. Lets see if Swaroop's workable.

Over and out!
Prem

2 comments:

Vish Vijay said...

slight tire, eh? ur very modest, arent u?

are you making any trips with ur parents? How about a CA trip?

Unknown said...

ur nt going for swaroops wedding.because i need u.thats all there is to it. icant go means u cant go.